How do I get to Big Timber Lodge?
Fly to Anchorage. Then book a flight on Era Aviation (1-907-487-4363) or Alaska Airlines (1-800-252-7522) to Kodiak. Then provide us with your arrival/departure times and we will make arrangements to transport you via the "Lady L" from Anton Larsen Bay to and from Big Timber Lodge.
When is the best fishing?
Please click our Species Activity Calendar and view the desired month
What does Big Timber Lodge provide for fishing trips?
- All saltwater gear
- Licensed Captains aboard our charter boats
- Lunch and refreshments during the day
- We provide boots and rain gear to wear aboard the boats
What do I need to bring for a day of fishing?
- Fishing license
- Appropriate clothing, medications, and other necessities
What does Big Timber Lodge provide for a river fishing trip?
- Transportation to a nearby river
- Lunch on the river
- Competent friendly guide
What do I need to bring if I want to river fish?
- Hip boots or waders for freshwater fishing
- Fly fishing / Spin rod & tackle
- Bug Net/Insect repellent
- Fishing license
- Land Use Permit (Available at Big Timber)
What if I want to do a flyout fishing trip?
We will help you make the necessary arrangements to the river of your choice and you are responsible for the cost of the flight and any other costs you incur.
Where do I buy my fishing/hunting license?
You can purchase your license online from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game at:www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/
How do I get my fish home?
Big Timber Lodge will clean, vacuum seal, pack and freeze 2-50 lb. boxes of fish for each client. Clients may check the box as luggage on the airplane. There will be an additional charge for anything over 100 lbs.
What does Big Timber Lodge provide for transporting hunters?
We will get you to the hunting grounds by boat, drop you off, and then pick you back up.
- Lunch and beverages are provided
- Private cabin with full baths & sitting room
- Breakfast and dinner in the lodge
- Location to dress out your game for transportion home.
Do you have other questions?
Send us a message via our contact form, and we will try and answer any questions you may have regarding Big Timber Lodge.